Wednesday, July 13, 2016

How lucky I am

High School Graduation Rates
source: takepart.com
I’ve been enrolled in a private school throughout my school years. I never experienced being on a public school. Which is I kinda wanna be when I was little since my playmates around neighborhood goes to public school and I felt out of place. Anyway, throughout high school, I’ve excelled my studies. I mean not that really an A-student but, I’m the type of person who ‘work hard, play hard’. Which means I value my friends/ classmates more than schooling; which is a priority.

Now that I’m in college, my mom lets me pay the tuition fee (I don’t pay my tuition fee, still my parents send me off to college. That’s how it goes here in the Philippines, unless you really have to provide yourself, unlike in other countries, you have to work your ass off to get yourself in college). And you know, college isn’t a joke.

It requires a lot of money and hard works. So the first time my mom handed me a brick fortune of cash, I felt ashamed. Seriously. I felt privileged, loved, and ashamed at the same time. That moment, I blurted the words ‘Wow’ and ‘Gosh’. (I can’t say Thank You, it’s so cheesy LOL) and my mom asked ‘why?’ and I just said nothing.

I went upstairs and looked at the cash that I have on my hand. And I was thinking how this person let go a huge amount of money, they worked themselves and I just spend it. That moment I cried inside and I promised to myself that I will work hard and well to graduate college and payback what they’ve gave to me. Though we weren’t a kind of family that says ‘I love you’ but what they’re providing me is an unspoken truth of Love.

1 comment:

  1. I don't like to be off-topic, but I have a problem which I hope you can help me. My problem is when I have Blogger on my computer. (All other areas seem to be fine) Whenever I press the "new post" button it seems to take *forever* to get to to the proper screen. It just says "loading..." at the top. It does eventually get to the proper screen, but this is after 45 minutes or more. Have you had this problem, and what did you do to solve it? My computer is a HP Chromebook 14. Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete

Any comments, suggestions, or violent reactions?