Monday, July 13, 2020

Otit playlist (Playlist of the Uncles)

Hello Psychos,

Your mom is back at writing. Sorry if I haven't wrote for a long time 'cause the corporate world ate me. Also, Netflix and other stuff.

Anyhow, while smoking my Marlboro Blue. I realized that I like listening to old synthpop songs while hitting the nicotine. 

So I created a playlist for my old soul readers. By the way, this isn't my uncles playlist. I just putted 'uncle' to show that these songs are almost two decade old. These are also the songs that our uncles (middle aged men) dances whenever they are drunk.


First on the list is P.S.Y's Angelina. This song was popular in the Philippines back in the 90's (as told by the boomers). I like the message of the song because it's all about reaching your dream while being young. 

Sadly, the main vocalist-Yassine Dahbi has already passed away.


This italian song was also popular back in the 90's here in the Philippines. I like this more than the remix version (which was more popular than the original version). This is Due by Raf.


Would you believe that this duo was once part of the more popular new wave band New Order? Yes, they are. The Other Two's Selfish became more popular when the House Music genre entered the scene. Click this link to listen.




and the last one is The Knack's classic My Sharona. The film Reality Bites (1994) changed the way on how I listen to this music.


Happy listening :)


Jace 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments, suggestions, or violent reactions?