Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Late night chimera

One cold night of June, while sipping a cherry Dr. Pepper soda, I found myself watching 'Sex and the City' reruns every night in front of the TV at Star World.




I really love 'Sex and the City' with it's funny antics and glamorous lifestyle, plus Carrie is a columnist-no wonder I fell in love with the show. That's why I cried when I heard that The CW canceled one of my favorite show; The Carrie Diaries which is the life of  Carrie Bradshaw (Sarah Jessica Parker) herself when she's living her teen life in the 80's.

Photo from The CW
In the show (The Carrie Diaries), Carrie deals with lots of youth problems just like sex, love, friends, and dreams. She also struggles to be an intern at Interview Magazine. I was always fascinated about stories of people reaching their dreams that's why I found the series interesting. In my case, I just compared myself to Carrie because were both writers (Blogger lang po ako, novice pa. Haha!) and the fact that we always dream about one of the city that never sleeps; New York. Okay, drop New York, minus the 'sex' also 'love' plus our 'passion' Hahaha!. Maybe right now I could only step to those Makati Business District pavements doing errands or watch the Ortigas Skyline while carpooling on my cousin's car but maybe someday, who knows, that this kid from the suburbs sipping cherry colas while fighting writer's block and subway rides is the next Bradshaw. *wink*



♥,
Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments, suggestions, or violent reactions?